Free State Deaf Sports Federation
Free State Deaf Sports Federation held its General Meeting on the 10th of February 2013 at Stanville Hotel in Bloemfontein where the following leaders were elected:
1. Nthabiseng Mofokeng - Chairperson
2. Bheki Ngwenya - Vice Chairperson
3. Tladi Fisana - Secretary General
4. Daniel Mohapi - Treasurer General
5. Kagiso Cocong - Athletes Coordinator
6. Mpho Phahlo - Schools Sport Coordinator
Lack of gender parity in the newly elected Provincial Executive Committee is a cause for concern. However, this cannot be blamed on anyone as all female delegates declined nominations to serve.
Despite this setback, we must, however, applaud Free State Deaf Sports Federation delegates for electing a woman as Chairperson while all other provinces that have so far held their General Meetings and nominated Provincial Executive Committees elected males as Chairpersons. The election of a female Chairperson is the first step in the right direction and for that we applaud the delegates for their decision to opt for a woman to lead them for the next 2 years.